Morten Hagland Hansen has extensive experience in the remote communications and IT services industries. He is currently serving as Senior Vice President – Engineering & Operations at Infrastructure Networks, Inc. (iNet), where he is responsible for managing iNet’s extensive 4G LTE / 5G NR terrestrial wireless network that enables companies to achieve the full range of benefits from a digital transformation of their field operations.
Prior to this, he was responsible for the commercial maritime and energy markets revenue growth at SES Networks, a business unit of SES (EURONEXT:SESG), the leader in global content connectivity solutions, who operates the world’s only multi-orbit constellation of satellites. Before that, he was the Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at RigNet (NASDAQ:RNET), a leading global provider of remote communications solutions to the oil and gas industry.
He has served in several key leadership roles, responsible for overall technology strategy, and also overseeing global sales, marketing, product, and solutions development and operations over his long tenure. He has more than 20 years of experience in information technology and telecoms engineering, design, and deployment.
Morten is recognized as a visionary leader who can connect the gap between technology and monetization. He is also an Executive Producer for the award-winning film Zen Dog. Morten has completed an executive education course in customer-focused innovation at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business and holds an MBA from BI Norwegian Business School.
Articles, interviews, and podcasts:
- NRK Rogaland – Nordmenn i ekstremvær i USA (Norwegian) – February 2021
- Energy Digital – Driving offshore growth with satellite communications – June 2020
- World Oil – Daily Brief podcast: Bringing offshore connectivity and HSE advances to onshore operations – May 2020
- The Digital Ship – Connectivity and e-health at sea: Improved care for seafarers and offshore workers (Page 10) – April 2020
- SES – How O3b mPOWER Can Bode Success for the Energy Sector – January 2020
- OILMAN Magazine – Driving Offshore Growth with Satellite Communications – November 2019
- Satellite Markets & Research – Developments in the 5G Ecosystem – December 2018
- NORTEX – Great mix of technology talks at NorTex workshop – May 2018
- Radio 102 – «102-paret» sammen i 25 år (Norwegian) – December 2017
- Radio 102 – Unngår flom – frykter tornado (Norwegian) – August 2017
- Via Satellite – Energy Market Outlook: Surge, Setback, or Slump? – October 2015
- Radio 102 – Tidenes romantiske 102-historie (Norwegian) – February 2015
- The Wall Street Transcript – Interview with the Vice President of Business Services: RigNet, Inc. (RNET) – April 2014
- SatellitePro ME – Regulations respond to Satcom needs on the rig – June 2012